Decentralized management of bio-waste and utilization thereof using alternative and innovative treatment
The main objective of the act is to promote screening at source and the management of biowaste from household organic waste and agricultural and livestock residues using innovative systems. The operation focuses on isolated areas where the cost of waste management in central processing plants is very high.
With the implementation of the Act, the selected areas will rationally manage the organic load by converting it to value-added finished products, providing multiple benefits, as integrated waste management is achieved through their treatment and re-use and the diversion of the organic fraction from landfills resources & amp; energy.
Achieving the goal will be through the implementation of the following sub-objectives for the selected areas:
- Investigation of qualitative and quantitative characteristics of biowaste as well as existing management practices.
- Installation of domestic drying systems in households. Install the rest of the equipment in pre-selected locations.
- Evaluation of the proposed system & comparative assessment of systems efficiency in relation to local socio-economic & environmental conditions.
- Evaluation of finished products (pellets, biogas, digest).
- Setting up Good Practice Guides for finished products.
- Implementation of good practice rules for finished products.
- Information & education of interest groups
|Call:||"Interreg V-A Greece-Cyprus 2014-2020 Cooperation Program" - 1st Call for Proposals|
|Period:||03/01/2018 - 31/12/2019|