Instrumentation for standard water and effluent analyses
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD5) analyses
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) analyses
- Spectrophotometers of dual and single beam (Shimadzu UV-1700 PharmaSpec, Helios)
- Instrumentation for SDI (Silt Density Index) and NTU measurements
- ICP Elemental analysis (Perkin Elmer) (in collaboration with the Analytical Services Unit / CPERI/CERTH)
- Full system of gas chromatography / mass spectrometry (GC/MS) for organic pollutants determination (AGILENT GC 7890A / 5975C INNERT MSD SYSTEM)
- System of gas chromatography (GC) with Electron Capture Detector (ECD) and Nitrogen-Phosphorous Cetector (NPD) for organic pollutants determination (AGILENT GC 6890N / NPD / ECD)
- Unit of Gel Permeation Chromatography / High Performance Liquid Chromatography (GPC/HPLC) for molecular weight distribution analyses and organic pollutants determination (Shimadzu LC-10ADvp with UV-Vis and Refractive Index-RI Detectors)
System for particle size and zeta-potential measurements (Zetasizer, Malvern)
Analysis of Total Organic Carbon (TOC) with a SHIMADZU TOC-5000A analyzer.
Analysis of Total Organic Carbon (TOC) and Total Nitrogen (TN) with a SHIMADZU TOC-L analyzer with an autosampler ASI-L and a TNM-L unit.
- Ion Chromatograph, Metrohm 690
- Laboratory polymeter (pH-meter, conductivity-meter, ion-meter) (WTW inoLab® pH/ΙΟΝ / Cond 750 SET)
Special bench-scale membrane units
- Bench-scale, high pressure cells for dead-end filtration, for various well-controlled tests
- A special bench-scale set–up for MF and UF filtration studies; direct observations under the microscope, video-recording and image processing to clarify fouling mechanisms
- Two special systems with flat cross-flow test sections, fully instrumented, for studying membrane (MF, UF, NF, ULP-RO) fouling and scaling characteristics
- MBR, laboratory-scale system, fully instrumented; immersed-type membranes
- Photocatalytic submerged membrane reactor system for organic species degradation
Two pilot plants, fully instrumented and computer-controlled, for intermediate and high pressure membrane (NF and RO) studies with commercial membrane elements. A pilot photocatalytic membrane reactor (UV-C/TiO2/UF), fully instrumented and PLC controlled.