APPLICATION OF ADVANCED MEMBRANE PROCESSES FOR TREATMENT OF WATER AND VARIOUS EFFLUENTS
Available know-how, laboratory equipment and pilot units for application of Micro-Filtration (MF), Ultra-filtration (UF), Nano-Filtration (NF) and Reverse Osmosis (RO) to the treatment of potable water and of practically all kinds of liquid effluents.
Applications / Novel Characteristics
- Improvement of potable water quality. Removal of all types of toxic substances (heavy metals, pesticides, nitrates, etc.).
- Treatment of industrial effluents for useful materials recovery and water reuse.
- Novel processes (based on MBR-Membrane Bio-Reactors) for municipal effluent treatment and water recycling.
Possible users / Customers
- Industry: Applications to cope with all types of effluents (chemical industry, food processing, textile plants, etc.).
- Municipal water and sewerage companies and various water treatment SME’s.
- Phosphorus Fertilizers Industry, Greece: Industrial effluents treatment for recovering useful materials and water recycling.
|Membrane pilot unit for medium pressure applications e.g. brackish water desalination, industrial water treatment|
APPLICATION AND IMPROVEMENT OF MEMBRANE PROCESSES FOR BRACKISH AND SEA-WATER DESALINATION
Available know-how and special laboratory equipment and pilot units including UF, NF, RO systems for the design of new, and problem identification and improvement of operating, membrane desalination plants.
Applications / Novelties
- Study and application of specialized systems for treating degraded (brackish, polluted) water sources.
- Identification and mitigation of membrane fouling, due to organic substances, colloids, salts etc.
- Special autopsies of used membrane elements to diagnose operating problems.
- Study of feed-water pretreatment for membrane processes.
- Industrial desalination plants, with various feed waters.
- Municipal water and sewerage companies, for utilization of brackish and/or polluted water sources.
- Industry and SME’s dealing with filter media, membranes, desalination units, etc.
- Maxit SA, Norway: Pilot studies and assessment of special filter media for pre-treatment of sea-water.
- Aramco, S. Arabia: Reverse Osmosis membrane treatment for improved performance
- Caramondani Desalination Plants, Cyprus: Special autopsies of RO membranes
|Membrane pilot unit for high pressure applications, sea water desalination|
ANALYSES FOR COMPLETE CHARACTERIZATION OF WATER SOURCES
State of the art laboratory equipment for complete and specialized measurements, including GC/MS, HPLC, GPC, GC, TOC/DOC.
Applications / Novelties
- Analyses to identify micro-pollutants in drinking water sources, i.e. pesticides, other toxic substances (DBP, THM, antibiotics etc.).
- Complete analyses and physico-chemical measurements (in collabo-ration with Analytical Laboratory).
- Characterization of Geothermal fluids and industrial effluents.
- Municipal water and sewerage companies as well as public and private organizations dealing with water quality monitoring.
- Industry and SME’s producing/marketing water treatment equipment, filter media, etc.
- Various process industries concerned/dealing with effluents.
- Geothermal plants/units.
- Analyses and characterization of drinking water sources and geothermal fluids from various regions in Greece (Attiki, Peloponnese, Macedonia).