International Conference WIN4Life, September 19-21, Tinos Island, Greece
19/09/2013 - 21/09/2013
The International Conference “Water Is Necessary for Life – WIN4Life” will be held in Tinos Island (Cultural Foundation of Tinos), from 19th to 21st September, 2013.
The conference participants will have the opportunity to exchange views and ideas about water management, advanced wastewater treatment processes & sustainable brine management practices. The conference will include oral and poster presentation sessions and will consist of invited and contributed papers on the topics listed below.
- Water resources: challenges and management
- Industrial wastewater management and reuse
- Integration of wastewater reuse in the overall water resources management
- Zero Liquid Discharge Applications and Best Available Techniques (BAT)
- Role of desalination in addressing water challenges
- Advanced Desalination Techniques
Desalination powered by Renewable Energy Sources (RES)
Solar Desalination applications
Environmental pressures associated with brine production
Success stories on brine management within EU (cases for islands will be favored)
Materials and corrosion resistance considerations
Chemical free desalination
Barriers and suggestions for full-scale implementation of ZLD approaches
The Conference is organized in the framework of the LIFE+ project with the acronym SOL-BRINE (LIFE09 ENV/GR/000299).